Thursday, June 02, 2005

Net Identity

Been reading a lot of blogs recently, and noticed one thing which was common across all. It is the use of a separate net identity. This is something that I've never had. I think having a net identity would be very liberating. Its not so much about hiding your existing identity as it is about getting a new one for a new world. Another thing I noticed is that most "alias" arent cool or heroic(like superman or jamesbond:). Here is a random list or some: gurupanguji, wakechick, britchick(lots of chicks:), mbagirl, iceman07. More commonly it is something personal, something you are passionate about.
Inspired, I decided to get myself one. I started out with my name and thought of picking out a part of it, but since its barely one and a half symbols, there isn't much scope there. My next idea was to use one of my nick names. Well I've had only two nick names in my life. The first one was used probably till I entered my teens, which I'm not going to mention or adopt as it is one of those innocent baby sounds that can be twisted to mean lots of other things(know what I mean:). And the second was given to me by one of my classmates in school, which is Chow by clipping my surname. Thought about it, but it sounds oriental, not that I have anything againt that, it just isn't me. So the hunt is still on... Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Govar said...

Came in looking at the referrers list... have mixed feelings abt a separate identity. Depends on what we write. If we want others to *believe* in what we are saying, our identity has to be known. Look at moost of the top bloggers and they've all come out in the open.

But yes, concealment helps in writingg abt stuff that u cant write otherwise. Kinda like the very fafmous blogs such as http://standingonthebox.blogspot.com/