Sunday, May 15, 2005

New apartment

This weekend was very busy, we (arj and I)spent both days relocating to the new place. It was a very new experience, we bought all kinds of things for the first time, buckets, brooms, mops, drinking water! Next was the cleaning process. We dusted, swept, scrubbed and mopped. It may seem strange but, i had a blast scrubbing away at the layers of dust that seemed to have fallen in love with the floor of my room. Next we filled up the showcase in the hall with all kinds of things, mostly books. arj has an impressive arsenal of books, including the "Bhagwad Gita" and verses from the "Prophet". For the house warming, arj suggested that we quote Kahlil Gibran:).
Finally... I have my own place. The night too was very eventful, the rooms were very hot, and i saw arj get up around midnight and start pouring water all around his bed!! why? because evaporation would lead to cooling:). Anyway the best part of the whole thing was today morning. When i ended up getting up at around 6!! Now for people who know me, this will come as a shock. It was because my room faces east, and as the sun rose, it sent its warm rays through my bedroom window to persuade me to quit the dream world. It was a lovely feeling, i opened my eyes and the first thing i saw were the swinging branches of the lush green trees right outside our place through the bedroom window. I'm looking forward to getting up each morning:)

No comments: